(I have seen multiple questions about how to share datasets in general, but none of them seems to involve the criterion of an open contributorship.)
I want to share a dataset to which anyone should be able to contribute.
What would be a suitable platform for such purposes?
The platform should be:
- use open licenses (e.g., Creative Commons)
- render datasets citable (e.g., perhaps with a DOI & related metadata)
- allow others to contribute in a trivially easy way (e.g., a Git-based system might be too difficult for many to use)
- guarantee mid-term longevity (e.g., not based on primarily commercial considerations)
- every contribution should be made transparent (similar to GitHub)
Thus, the following are not suitable:
- Google Sheets
Now it seems that there is an overhwelming plurality of platforms that might be suitable for my purposes, such as Zenodo, Figshare, Dataverse, Dryad, OSF, institutional repositories - - but it is difficult to discern their features and to get a good overview if I haven't used any of them yet. May I thus ask you for your experiences or recommendations?