I was reading Clinical Chemistry Guide to Scientific Writing Series. One of the articles is titled: “If an IRDAM Journal Is What You Choose, Then Sequential Results Are What You Use”.
I have encountered this term in this site also. Can anybody explain this term?
A Google search asks ”Did you mean: IRDA Journal”
In the article I linked, it is explained as "Introduction, Results, Discussion, and Methods". I understand its meaning as this readily. What I would like to know following points.
- Which type of journal articles are suitable for this style?
- Which branches of academic endorse its usage?
- Are there any other such styles exists?
- Are there any other abbreviations exists?
- finally but not least, why should I follow this type of sequence?