I'm a second-year Ph.D. student in Computer Science and I feel extremely burned-out because:
- I work fulltime as a software engineer
- I work for financial reasons because TAship pay is negligible or basically equal to one-third of my rent.
- I asked to be part-time and I have been continuously denied because my managers think me working part-time would not be enough to get things done
- I have to be a TA as part of my Ph.D. program so I teach one section algorithm & data-structure
- work on my thesis
- taking a graduate-level class which is extremely time-consuming
The semester is almost done and I'm exhausted I hate losing and dropping out is basically losing but I also enjoy school and learning.
What are effective ways to deal with burn-out while working full-time during a PhD program?