In Europe there is https://www.euraxess.de or in the Netherlands there is https://www.academictransfer.com/en/ to find postdoc positions.

Are there any similar website to find postdoc positions in Canada?

I only could find https://jobs.sciencecareers.org. I am wondering if there are any more websites.

  • 1
    Some universities use academicjobsonline.org/ajo , but it is not the norm. I got the posting for mine from a specific field newsletter. AFAIK, nothing as organized as we would want it to be (same thing for TT jobs btw). Commented Aug 19, 2018 at 18:26
  • Which field are you in? Commented Aug 19, 2018 at 18:35
  • @PieterNaaijkens I have a master in theoretical physics and a PhD in experimental Biophysics. I am mainly looking for mathematical modelling in biology. I would like the postdoc to be focused on mathematics and computation with application in biology.
    – MOON
    Commented Aug 19, 2018 at 18:38
  • 1
    @MOON In that case you may find some relevant positions on mathjobs.org, but I am not quite sure how complete it will be. Commented Aug 19, 2018 at 18:52
  • This question is borderline a duplicate of academia.stackexchange.com/questions/970/…. I would recommend reading this answer
    – Clément
    Commented Aug 19, 2018 at 19:52

2 Answers 2


I am one of the editors of https://www.thePostdoctoral.com - We had keywords "mathematical modelling biology" - last time May 2018 (https://promiseagep.com/2018/04/30/post-doctoral-research-associate-mathematical-biology/). There were 3 more in April and January.

Up to 250 new postdoc positions every day. We search the web AND social media and cover almost all webpages. Once they post or announce it's in our data base, before being shown in search engines.

If you want to have access to our data base simply sign up. Our power function is an archive keyword search (up 365 days, makes sense for 30 days or so).

Hope this helps.

Good luck and all the best, Anthony from thePostdoctoral.com (and https://nextPhD.com and https://PhDvibe.com)


One Canada specific possibility is: University Affairs although this is far from universal. Canadian positions are also often found on international databases.

Ultimately if you are looking for a funded position you will probably need to hunt down/contact individual PIs.

You may be eligible for Post-Doctoral fellowships through NSERC for Sciences/Engineering or SSHRC for Social Sciences and Humanities.


You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .