On words that have a meaning, usage, or similar specific to academia.

Use this tag for questions that ask about the meaning, usage, history, or similar of academic terminology, i.e., terminology that are tightly connected to academia due to their meaning or words that have a specific meaning in an academic setting.

This site is not the right place to ask about the terminology of a specific field – ask such questions on the sites pertaining to the respective disciplines. Also do not ask about general properties of the English language – ask on English Language & Usage or English Language Learners instead.