For questions about publishers that are reputed to engage in unethical and/or dishonest practices.
For questions about publishers that are reputed to engage in unethical and/or dishonest practices, such as:
- Claiming a rigorous peer review process, but actually publishing virtually anything that's paid for.
- Preying on people who are under a lot of pressure to publish, by charging high author fees for promises of quick publication.
- Pretending to be affiliated with a reputable professional society.
- Claiming an "impact factor" when they do not have one, or when they have an "impact factor" from some entity other than Thomson Reuters ISI.
- Listing important academics on their editorial board, when these people never agreed to serve in this capacity.
- Not stating author fees upfront, and sending a bill to authors only after a paper is accepted.
- Publishing content that is plagiarized or has copyright issues.