Questions related to delaying matriculation until a later date.
Deferral in academia is the concept of delaying matriculation at an institute of higher learning until a later term. It can be abstracted to other concepts, such as delaying receipt of a fellowship, delaying the start of employment, or delaying graduation.
Examples of Good Questions:
- Can I accept two federal fellowships simultaneously and defer one?
- Why would a grad school not want me to defer admission?
- Deferring admission to a computer science graduate program
- Applying early as a postdoc + two-body problem
- If I decline admissions at a program that doesn't allow deferment, will I be accepted next year?