The question title pretty much says it all. I'm now a graduate student pursuing my Masters degree. Will the university I'm enrolled in be my affiliation when writing a paper?

  • 6
    Well, what else would it be? – Eppicurt Nov 9 '17 at 11:46
  • 1
    @Eppicurt - Thanks. This is my first time writing a paper, so I’m just making sure. Have a good day :) – Mahmoud Abdel-Mon'em Nov 9 '17 at 11:53
  • I've seen several math papers in recent years (in MAA journals) in which one or more of the authors is a high school student, and their high schools are listed for their affiliation, and I thought nothing of it besides being impressed. – Dave L Renfro Nov 9 '17 at 18:46


And be sure to get it in there before you graduate. Though if you are not moving straight to another uni and plan on publishing more, if you talk to your prof they might hook you up with "affiliate" status. This means no money or much of anything else other than the ability to claim affiliation.

| improve this answer | |
  • 2
    At least from my experience it is pretty common to use the affiliation at the time the research was conducted and not necessarely the one at the time the manuscript was submitted. – user64845 Nov 9 '17 at 20:04

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.