My paper was published two weeks ago. I have just noticed that I have provided the wrong email. Is it possible to change the email after the paper was published?

  • 6
    Don't ask here, ask the publisher. – Dirk Aug 6 '17 at 7:51
  • 3
    You can ask this question directly to the editor. – Coder Aug 6 '17 at 8:28
  • 3
    If it is published then I do not think there is any way to change any part of your paper, your email included. Changes in published papers are generally called "Corrigendum" – PsySp Aug 6 '17 at 10:01
  • If "published" mean in paper form, PsySp is right. But if only in on-line form, when you ask the editor, he may say that the new email can be added to it. – GEdgar Aug 6 '17 at 13:05

You could do the following things in this situation. But, it depends on (1) whether it is a journal paper or a conference paper?, (2) whether it is already published as offprint?

  • Politely ask the publisher about it (as it is a mistake done on your part). (credit: @Dirk)
  • E-mail the editor of the journal (if journal paper) and request to publish an Erratum on your behalf. (credit: @PsySp)
  • Publish an erratum on your personal web page or blog.
  • 5
    That said, option 4 is "don't bother", and this is highly suggested. Readers are well aware that emails provided on papers are often obsolete or sort-of wrong (authors wary of spam provide addresses they barely ever check). As long as you have a website with a correct email address, no one will get it wrong. – darij grinberg Aug 6 '17 at 14:35

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.