Im going to get my Integrated Masters Degree in Production Engineering and Management in about 6 months.My next goal is to take another Master's Degree in Artificial Intelligence.The country I want to study is the UK.So will i be eligible for a postgraduate student loan even though I have an integrated master's degree ?

  • Best people to ask would be SLC (the student loans company). But as far as I know and integrated Masters counts as an undergraduate degree and you're therefore elegible for a postgraduate loan. Aug 5, 2017 at 11:25
  • I think that this kind of loans are delivered by the UK Government and not a specific company. Aug 6, 2017 at 20:04
  • 1
    The SLC is the government owned company which deals with student loans for UK students. Do you definitely mean a loan and not a stipend or bursary? Aug 6, 2017 at 21:05
  • I googled "postgradute student loans eligibility" and found the relevant government website. This should give you all the information you need... Aug 6, 2017 at 21:08
  • Yeap I know the website.I was just asking to check if there are any exceptions not mentioned there.The website states that if you own a master's degree or an equivalent or higher qualification you are not eligible for a postgraduate loan .Hitting the link of "equivalent or higher" gets you to a page that ranks the education in levels.The integrated master's degree is on the same level as a regular master's degree so therefore I will not be eligible.Is that right ?I have to state that Im not a resident of the Uk .I live in greece . Aug 8, 2017 at 9:12

1 Answer 1


After much searching on various goverment websites, it turned out Find a Masters had the answer.

You are not eligible for a UK postgraduate student loan if you already hold an integrated Master's degree.

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .