1

I have submitted a paper to one of Elseveir Journal, My senior asked me to put him as a corresponding author but I put myself as a corresponding author assuming it is possible to change corresponding author. However, she asked me to request to journal editor immediately. I have sent a request as my senior suggested, I got response from editor like this...

"There is a 90% chance your paper will be rejected, i which case it doesn't matter, and a 10% chance you will be invited to submit a revision".

The journal impact factor 4.034 and their acceptance rate is 7%.

This is my first experience on submitting paper to any journal so I am afraid and wondering whether it is worth withdrawing paper and proceed for another journal.

  • 1
    Wow, that's an equally honest and unfriendly response. (but of course it's factually correct - worry about this when the paper actually is on the track to being accepted) – xLeitix Jul 27 '17 at 8:03
11

You have been given the answer by the editor: That it doesn't matter yet.

Tell the other author of the paper that you asked, and the editor said to deal with it if/when you're asked to revise the paper.

Then move along with your life and work and wait for a reply. You absolutely shouldn't withdraw the paper for something like that when you've already been told how to handle it by the editor.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.