I am currently in the process of completing my dissertation. I am a big fan of unit tests, so I would like to implement a procedure that corrects my writing ( or removes bugs so to speak.)
A few examples:
- check spelling of all text
- do all figures have a description that is up to date with the picture
- search for "like" and replace it with "as" or a better sounding word
- has every head and subhead one or two sentences of introduction
- are the figures at the right place in the pdf?
I am looking for a lot more of these "Bugs" that I was unfortunate enough to introduce into a text and found them only at the last-minute check. What else are common bugs that need to be eliminated?