What is the common range of research money can you get at Canadian Research universities versus US Research Universities in engineering/CS/Computational biology? I am asking on some idea from personal grants, supervisor grants, research assistantships etc.

  • Please ask only one question per post. Based on the tag, are you talking about receiving research funding as a PhD student? The situation would be quite different for faculty. – Nate Eldredge Apr 7 '17 at 14:20
  • For the US, each school sets its own pay scale for graduate research assistants. – Nate Eldredge Apr 7 '17 at 14:21
  • Please upvote my question back. Even grad phd students can get grants when they are mature enough in their research ? So why is my second question shot down ? – Wizard Programming Apr 7 '17 at 14:59
  • Let me be more clear with my suggestions. (1) Please ask only one question per post. Thus you should edit the second question out of this post. You could make a new question post to ask it, but please read academia.stackexchange.com/questions/35284/… first, since it might answer your question or be a duplicate. – Nate Eldredge Apr 7 '17 at 15:23
  • (2) Please clarify your question 1. Are you talking about funding for a PhD student, or a faculty member? Are you talking about funding through a student's own (internal or external) grant, through a research assistantship funded by a university or a supervisor's grant, or something else? Are you talking about a theoretical maximum, or a common range? – Nate Eldredge Apr 7 '17 at 15:25

Your Answer

By clicking "Post Your Answer", you acknowledge that you have read our updated terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy, and that your continued use of the website is subject to these policies.

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.