In New Zealand and Australia we use the term 'physical containment' (PC) to describe structures and procedures designed to prevent the release of viable organisms into the environment. As far as I am aware, a PC 2 laboratory deals with microorganisms which would be considered human pathogens. Does anyone know what the equivalent laboratory would be called in the UK?

  • 3
    Is this not equivalent to the internationally used "biosafety level" (BSL) 1-4? – MJeffryes Mar 6 '17 at 13:49

Your Answer

By clicking "Post Your Answer", you acknowledge that you have read our updated terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy, and that your continued use of the website is subject to these policies.

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.