I apply for a PhD position, with my own research proposal, at one university and receive an offer already. However, as I cannot fund myself, I have to wait for the scholarship whose result will be announced at the end of April. In the mean time, a university is advertising an industrial funded PhD project whose deadline is the end of March. My background matches the requirements for the project which is quite interesting to me as well. I wonder if I should apply for a project as if I am accepted and receive a scholarship from the first offer, I have to choose one of them.
Update: I'm asking this question as I'm worried if making 2 applications to 2 supervisors from the same research group may impact the outcome of both applications, i.e. whether I receive scholarship from the first application and/or be accepted into the 2nd project. Since, I believe both supervisors are not very happy if they know about it.