I am currently a Japanese college student. I am going to do research in artificial intelligence from this April. After completing the first year of research, I am planning to go to the United States for 1 year.

During the last 5-6 months of the plan, I would like to do undergraduate research at some university in the US. I am not sure if it is possible for an international student to do undergraduate research as an irregular student. Of course I am not seeking any units or degrees.

How does the system of irregular acceptation of universities work in the US?

  • 1
    Can you clarify your academic status while in the US? That is, are you just taking a year away from your college, is the visit a sanctioned part of the program, etc? – BrianH Jan 24 '17 at 22:43

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.