I took a class that started at 5:30. Another class I was taking started the same time. Can I get a refund or sue for this, as there should have been a message not letting me complete my schedule because of the conflict?
No, that sounds like something that you should be responsible for avoiding yourself. It might be nice if the school kept better track of this kind of thing for you, but it is ultimately your responsibility to know what you are enrolling in and paying for. You might be able to get some kind of tuition refund, if you are really polite and persistent, but even that is quite unlikely. A successful lawsuit is simply not going to happen.
if you sue:
- You have a low probability of winning
- Your "damages" and the amount of money to be won, seem low
- You will likely have lawyer's fees and other cost of litigation
- You will waste your time and focus
- Your relationship with the university will be damaged
- Your reputation will likely be damaged
I hope that list helps.