What does the author title mean in a manuscript application form? Does it mean {professor- assistant professor- lecturer} and if he/she isn't a university's staff what would the title be? Presuming he/she is master degree student in a medical specialty?

  • 1
    I don't know what a manuscript application form is specifically, but I would assume that if you don't hold a professional title, your title is simply Mr/Mrs/Ms etc. – astronat Nov 13 '16 at 0:18
  • the author's title when writing a research, medical paper or an article – Aalaa Elsadek Nov 13 '16 at 0:24
  • 8
    Then I think you've answered your own question. As I said, if you don't hold a particular title (Professor, Doctor, Lord, Reverend, Captain, or whatever it may be) then your title is Mr/Mrs/Ms etc. As far as I know, a Masters degree doesn't confer any pre-nominal titles. – astronat Nov 13 '16 at 0:28

If the author does not hold any of the usual academic tiles such as Dr/Prof./Asst. Prof. the status quo defaults to Mr/Ms/Mrs.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.