What do "AE", "EO", "PROD" stand for in the manuscript status in journal submission systems like ScholarOne?

ScholarOne Author Dashboard

  • 2
    What do you mean with "in a research journal"? Where did you read these abbreviations? On a journal website? Or inside an article? Do you have a link? Is there some more context? – Federico Poloni Nov 3 '16 at 7:35
  • Vote to close as 'unclear what you're asking". – scaaahu Nov 3 '16 at 13:41
  • yeah, that is what happens when the people with a dumb brains get the permissions to vote to close threads ;) – Pretty_Girl Mar 8 '17 at 14:04
  • The edit rescued the question -- let's reopen it. – aparente001 Apr 1 '18 at 22:35

AE means Associate Editor: Responsible for communication with reviewers of a research manuscript.

EO means Editorial Office: The formal group/office comprising of Editor-in-Chief (EIC), and Editorial Assistants/Admin Assistants.

PROD means Production Department: Responsible for printing of articles post acceptance.

  • thank you coder, that is exactly what I was looking for. :) – Pretty_Girl Mar 8 '17 at 14:04
  • 2
    @Pretty_Girl Welcome. Academia always has answer to such questions. It just depends on how people interpret your question, as the world is diverse with regard to languages, looks, presentations. So, never take any comments personal.(I am writing this w.r.t. your comment on closing this question.) All the best! – Coder Mar 8 '17 at 14:35

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.