I am a new assistant professor.
Everyday I meet a frustrating situations here for about 4 months so far. Main matters are as listed below. I really do not understand this situation. Any advice or suggestions to protect myself just in case?
1) without any credits, medical doctors want me to develop their research ideas (typically just have one or two keywords) and write the papers for them.
2) without any credits, they want me to analyze their data sets and write the results for publications.
3) my chair asks me (only myself in this entire dept) to report my research progress every week in a small meeting - with the reasoning that they need to know all of my research studies.
4) my chair does not allow me to do any research studies myself (I must collaborate with a medical doctor).
5) my chair does not allow me to attend any conferences in medical education because I cannot be their representative.
6) for the reason English is not my first language, my school doesn't allow me to teach/present anything here (I am teaching a class in a different dept now and have there been listed as an excellent teacher several times). They ask me to support/do the other faculties' research studies.