I am from Pakistan. I want to move to Australia. One way to get points is to have an Australian diploma. I want to know if I am selected for a diploma from a recognized University in Austrlia, are there chances that I will be eligible for a education visa?

closed as off-topic by user3209815, Brian Tompsett - 汤莱恩, scaaahu, Bob Brown, gman Oct 20 '16 at 18:18

This question appears to be off-topic. The users who voted to close gave this specific reason:

  • "The answer to this question strongly depends on individual factors such as a certain person’s preferences, a given institution’s regulations, the exact contents of your work or your personal values. Thus only someone familiar can answer this question and it cannot be generalised to apply to others. (See this discussion for more info.)" – user3209815, Brian Tompsett - 汤莱恩, scaaahu, Bob Brown, gman
If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.


Visa advise is tricky. At least in the UK, the recommendation is to leave this to a qualified visa and immigration professional.

Factors might include whether you have paid all or some of your fees, the type and even subject of your course, the level of what you have studied before, whether you are studying full-time or part-time, where you are from etc. And this will be dependent upon the laws of the region in which you intend to study.

Universities normally provide visa and immigration advice services, so I would suggest you ask the institution to which you have applied to see whether the course will support an education visa.

Needless to say, there is likely to be incomplete advice, at best, available from Stack Exchange.

  • 1
    Furthermore, in the UK, there is quite forceful action to prevent people getting university admission for purely the purpose of immigrating. If you do not intend to actually study, beware. The Australians are even tougher on these issues than the British. – Captain Emacs Oct 20 '16 at 11:19

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.