I would like to change my author profile name after a divorce in Google Scholar. I tried to open a new account with my maiden name but I couldn't When I entered my current account on Google, it doesn't give me any fields to be able to write my maiden name. Is there a way to edit or change it easily?

  • 3
    I'm voting to close this question as off-topic because it is not about academia, but a use-case of google scholar. Commented Sep 29, 2016 at 7:56
  • 4
    @user3209815 I'm voting to leave open since it's something that many academics will want to do. Commented Oct 4, 2016 at 8:37

1 Answer 1


While signed in, visit My Citations in Google Scholar.

Click on the "Edit" button next to your name to change the name in your author profile.

Click "Save" after you have made your changes.

  • Thank you for your answer. Here is another question that if I can still keep seeing my current publications ? Commented Sep 29, 2016 at 7:26
  • Yes, you will see your publication as it is.@Cigdem Yildirim
    – Coder
    Commented Sep 29, 2016 at 7:44

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .