It's come up in our lab that we should probably have business cards for when we attend conferences, however, we've been given very little guidance for what is appropriate for a graduate student.
Some questions that have come up:
- Should we be trying to standardize the cards to look like the official university's cards? (e.g., with the university logo, etc)?
- Related to the first question, should we be going for standardized or for something that will make us stand out?
- Should we be putting our current status on the card? It seems like if we haven't hit ABD yet then it might be counterproductive because then we'd have to buy new ones each time we made progress.
- Should we be adding our research interests directly on the card? What about advisor?
- Any other information (other than contact/website) that we should be including or tips on this?