I have applied for a MSc in a UK university for the academic year 2017/18. I was offered an unconditional offer and I have to make a decision on it within 4 weeks and now two weeks have passed. But as I have not yet heard from other universities, I would like to take more time before accepting the offer. When I requested for more time to consider my decision the university informed me that it is better to accept the offer as I can always decline it.
But I would like to know whether there are any rules which state like I have an obligation to study at the university if I have accepted a place because if I get a place at another university which I am interested in, then I may drop this offer. Would the process allow me to decline the offer after accepting it, should I need to, and accept the offer at some other university?
I am not a student from UK, so if anyone can provide me guidance on this it would be helpful.