I am planning to take the GRE Subject Test in Math. I have ADHD and would like to request accommodations.

I live in a first world country now but used to be based in a third world country. In this third world country I was seeing a resident psychiatrist.

I am about to have a new psychiatrist who is not a resident.

This psychiatrist has met me for only an hour while my old psychiatrist , the resident, met with me for over 12 hours already.

What certification should I submit to ETS?

new doctor only? Old doctor though resident only? Both?


Follow the instructions given by ETS. They are very specific about what kind of documentation they need.

Give your current psychiatrist the link and ask if he/she can provide everything on it, and if not, what he/she recommends you do to collect the necessary documentation.

  • Thank you, ff524. This was actually a stupid question because I should have just and later asked ETS who advised me to submit from both psychiatrists.
    – Jack Bauer
    Aug 23 '16 at 11:47
  • 1
    @JackBauer - This is useful information and I suggest you post it as an Answer. Sep 1 '16 at 2:17
  • @aparente001 Done!
    – Jack Bauer
    Sep 16 '16 at 13:26

This was actually a stupid question because I should have just asked (and later I did ask) ETS, who advised me to submit from both psychiatrists.

  • Please fill in the missing word: "should have just" what? Sep 16 '16 at 13:37
  • @aparente001 I should have just asked ETS. I later asked ETS. ETS advised me to submit from both psychiatrists
    – Jack Bauer
    Sep 16 '16 at 16:35
  • 1
    Good luck. I still think the jerk, ahem, pardon me, ADHD skeptic, should have been left entirely out of the picture. He was involved with you such a short time, and his contribution was entirely negative, as far as I could tell. Sep 16 '16 at 16:53
  • @aparente001 Thank you for editing! I didn't submit documentation from ADHD skeptic :)
    – Jack Bauer
    Sep 21 '16 at 10:52

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.