The journal I published in invited me to referee a paper and I would like to know if such experience can can be mentioned in my CV/SOP when I apply for masters/PhD degree?


Yes, it can be mentioned. I would put a category on your CV titled "service to the profession." In that section, mention the year and the name of the journal that asked you to referee. It's not a major point, but it shows that you're willing to be a team player and help out the journal. That speaks both to your professionalism and to the fact that the editor trusted your judgment.

  • 1
    Thanks Shane for the help. Great answer and great suggestion !
    – Santi
    Jul 6 '16 at 20:53

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.