I am really needing help. There is a typo on my University Name, however the paper is already published. Is there any way to still change it? The paper has been published on ACM Platform.

I am very concerned about the reputation of my research with this minor typo. I spent a lot of effort to this research and just realize that...

  • 1
    Have you contacted the editor yet? – Fábio Dias May 27 '16 at 15:36
  • 1
    Not yet, I was concercing because I just read it: " 2.6 Fixity of Works ACM does not alter works once published. There are times, however, when it is appropriate to publish a revised or corrected version of a work; doing so requires the approval of the responsible editor." Do you think that there is any solution for that? – user3865772 May 27 '16 at 15:47
  • You can send an erratum, but I don't think is so important. Either way, it is not an important problem. – Mikey Mike Jun 29 '16 at 14:07
  • 1
    I edited your post before to correct a language error ("concercing a lot" is not valid English) and to remove the "thanks" because on Stack Exchange sites there is a policy of not including greetings, signatures, thanks, etc in posts. Not sure why you undid these edits. – ff524 Jun 29 '16 at 14:08

First of all, calm down. This is not as big of a mistake as you think it is. Many if not most published work contains insignificant mistakes such as minor typos. If it would make you feel better, I once had a typo in my own name (I blame autocorrection).

Contact the editor. They are probably going to publish a correction or erratum. If it is already published, they probably won't fix the original published article even if it is online only. (I am not familiar with the ACM Platform.)


Probably you cannot change it , usually journals inform authors to double check names and affiliation when they send galley proof because after publication it's difficult to change them , but the best approach is contacting editor in chief for explaining the mistake , maybe they fix it

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.