I'm doing a skype presentation of a paper that would be published soon. The presentation is for an improvement of a procedure that was not so accurate before (Computer Science related). Should I only keep the cam towards me or should I share the screen as well with the ppts? I've got 7 minutes for the presentation and 3 minutes for Q & A. It's my first skype presentation and I have no idea on how this would be done.
I have presented powerpoint slides by:
- voice call while screen sharing the window with the presentation (works quite well)
- video call with slides behind me, having emailed the slides to the audience beforehand (works well for smaller audiences as long as you remember to say "next slide" or similar when you change. Sounds like it would be annoying but everyone gets used to it very quickly).
I have also seen
- record the presentation offline, replay as a video and have a skype q&a afterwards (this was odd, I wouldn't recommend it).
- Do a practice run with your supervisor/colleague over Skype
- Make sure you have reliable, fast internet (at my University that still means a wire) and a quiet room