My paper was published 6 months ago. A few days ago, while reading it I discovered that one of the equations had the wrong power: instead of x it should have . After checking my old notes it turns out that they had , so its just a typing error. I should point out that this doesn't change the end result and the equation before and after it are both correct.

What should I do? Should I tell the journal about this mistake?


This is the sort of thing that corrections and errata are for. The journal should have a procedure for informing the editorial staff and correcting the record. Follow it, and you should be able to fairly quickly and easily correct the record.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.