I have recently legally changed my name and about to publish my paper in that new name. However I was wondering is there anyway to change my name on my scopus profile?


  • 4
    @user3209815 I disagree: Scopus is widely used in academia. Whether this website feature is sufficiently on-topic is somewhat questionable, per this meta question, but it is a simple question and I would be comfortable leaving it open for a little bit to see if anybody has a simple answer.
    – jakebeal
    Feb 25, 2016 at 16:32
  • 1
    Unfortunately I know my university uses scopus rankings for promotions. Their website say nothing and I was wondering if anyone had experience. Feb 25, 2016 at 17:31

1 Answer 1


You can simply publish your paper with your new name on it. It will appear in Scopus within your new author profile (with a newly created Scopus Author ID). Finaly, you can send a request to merge authors to Scopus (http://www.scopus.com/feedback/author/home.uri#/). All your Scopus records (with the former and new name) will be collected in a unique author profile. When merging profiles, you should set your newly created profile (with your new name) as preferred.

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .