If I am correct, (co)authors from industry are mentioned with their current employer as compared to PhD students that mention their university. I know a case of an engineer that just started working in a certain company, as consultant of an external consulting company. He is (co)author of a paper based on his thesis. I wondered what he should mention on the paper:
- His university. He wrote the thesis itself as a student, but is currently no longer working there.
- The consulting company. This is his official employer, but has no link with his daily job as to its content.
- The company in which he works. No, because it is not his official employer.
- Both the consulting company as the company in which he works.
- Nothing. Is this possible?