I would like to cite a chapter from a book which is listed in the catalogue as Attosecond and XUV Spectroscopy: Ultrafast Dynamics and Spectroscopy (Wiley, 2014, edited by Thomas Schultz and Marc Vrakking), found here at the Wiley site and here on Amazon. I'm somewhat confused about how exactly to cite this book, since if you look at the cover...
... the title is different. To add to the confusion,
- the book is listed under the catalogue title (Spectroscopy) in multiple library catalogues and most google search results,
- but not everywhere, including WorldCat and several Wiley pages;
- the citing articles on Google Scholar are split about 50/50 on both (with Google Scholar correctly recognizing both forms as citations to the same resource!),
- some of them even switching sides;
- the title page has the same title as the cover; and
- each book chapter has a footer with the cover title (Physics).
My question is: how do I cite this book? Given that pretty much every rule of libraryness seems to have melted down, do I just choose whatever I find sexier and forget about it all?