In my personal website, I'd like to have a section for class project reports, theses, and short essays I've written. I'm thinking about naming the section "Other Publications" or "Other Papers", but I'm not sure if these count as "Publications" or "Papers". Do they count? If not, is there an appropriate term?

(Since it's a personal website, I don't think it's so important to get every detail correct, but it would be nice to get it correct nevertheless.)

  • 1
    I would go for "Documents" or perhaps "Other Documents", not because calling them publications is technically incorrect, but it's likely to be not what academics think it is. – Tim Mar 31 '15 at 19:47

Sometimes people call such a collection "Other Writings" or "Other Works".

If they haven't been published, they're not publications. And most academics think of "paper" as synonymous with "published paper", so that term is likely to be misleading as well.

  • Sounds good. In menus, I like short -- so I'd go with "Other." – aparente001 Apr 1 '15 at 5:15
  • "Other work" was my thought as well. – Andrew Apr 1 '15 at 7:00

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.