As I have read from other questions in this SE site, for all international students who apply in PhD program, it is required that to be TA for that department they have applied to. And in the other hand amount of money that will be paid as fund to that student is highly dependent on his/her progress on teaching and being a TA.
So with regard to this context, as a MSc. student with unfortunately severe stuttering, cannot become a TA or teacher (only in such cases that I should speak to teach a group of students, however in any non-speaking ways to teaching or being TA I have no problem)
- Is speaking required in all types of TA-ship and teaching? In other words, are there any other tasks that are considered to be part of TA-ship and teaching which do not require speaking/lecturing?
- What are the chances of me being funded? (Are there any exceptions for getting funded for such students?)
More context about me
- Currently MSc student (in Iran) and interested in applying for PhD program to North American universities.
- Field of study/interests : computer science/software
- BSc. and MSc. GPA > 18 out of 20 (Also #1 in BSc.)
- Graduated from most prominent university in Iran, Sharif Univ. of Tech.