I am a course TA and I instruct a class of about 20 undergrads. I'm planning to make a public pedagogy blog. I think there could be some potential problems with this. For example, if the students in my class find it, and read "a student is struggling with Y topic", or "I think this student is having problems".
Potentially risky content:
- Class plans and preparation
- Reflections on each class, including comments on the students
- Discussions of course content, and suggested improvements to prescribed classwork
Are there any potential problems I would encounter, given the material I am blogging about?
- Anonymising my own name
- Anonymising all the students' names
- Restricting access to course staff (lecturer, TAs)
Do I require any of these solutions?