I shall soon get my degree in Biochemistry. Recently I attended several professional master-classes on film-making and producing, and now I want to get a MA in Film. For this masters, my CV is needed. Thinking that the master-classes I attended will help me in my admission, I am unsure under which sub-category I should place the names of the certificates; under 'Certificates & Awards', 'Education', 'Experience', or something else?

2 Answers 2


My $0.02-- Education appears to be the most relevant category in this instance. A master-class, unless I am mistaken, is neither a certificate nor an award, so wouldn't truly fit there. 'Experience' could certainly be a valid option also, but since you are moving from one discipline to another, it may benefit you more to be able to show some educational experience in film-making and producing as you apply for the Master's program.


Why not simply create a separate section for 'Masterclasses attended'? That helps them stand out, and avoids the (obvious) difficulty of deciding which other category they fit into.

Compare: academic CVs usually have sections entitled "Conference Presentations" or "Invited Seminars" or similar.

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .