What are the key components of a progress report? There are no official guidelines from the funding agency; all I have is a set of project objectives listed in the original proposal and a target length: three pages.
I am at the stage of putting together a draft for the PI, and I would like to due my due-diligence (get some basic guidelines here) before asking the PI for further input.
Here are some of my questions:
- What sections should it include?
- Are there any essential "key concepts" to include?
- Is it acceptable to cut and paste from the proposal?
- Should I include figures and graphs from unpublished findings?
- How would the writing style compare / contrast to a proposal? To a research paper?
Finally, is there a good resource that provides a comprehensive (if brief) overview of writing progress reports? I have a few books on scientific writing, but none specifically adress progress reports.