I was wondering if there is a central or an updated repository of various university publications (like ieee, but a bit more updated). I am using a university network, and I should have access to most of them.


  • "University publications"? You don't mean press releases, newsletters, etc., published by a university, or do you?
    – silvado
    Commented Jul 3, 2014 at 9:09
  • No I meant papers released by PHD students or Proffessors
    – user18148
    Commented Jul 3, 2014 at 9:25
  • Do you need it for every possible field of research or just a specific field? For the latter it would be helpful to know the field. Commented Jul 3, 2014 at 10:21
  • Computer Science/Engineering but any other field would be nice too
    – user18148
    Commented Jul 3, 2014 at 10:40
  • 1
    Meaning, "No, not really." Consult your librarian for details. Commented Jul 3, 2014 at 16:28

1 Answer 1


Not Quite an Outsider has given the definitive answer in a comment. But answers belong as answers, not as comments, so I'll reproduce it here:

"No, not really." Consult your librarian for details.

There is no single definitive store. There are several authoritative stores, and then a few that are broader but contain a lot of junk too, like Google Scholar. Part of being a post-graduate researcher is acquiring (if you haven't already), these skills & knowledge of the whens, wheres, whats, whys, and hows of search.

Work with your supervisors and fellow students to develop your own search skills.

And talk to your librarians. Seriously.

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .