All my academic documents have my first and middle names only (e.g., A B), but in my passport includes a surname including first and middle names plus surname (eg. A B C). Basically, all my academic documents don't have a surname, which differs from my passport. But the first and middle names are the same in both the academic and passport documents. Would this be an issue for applying for further studies abroad?


1 Answer 1


No, that shouldn't be an issue. It is common for academics to slightly change names (e.g., marriage, divorce, etc.). The industry, and journals are prepared to handle this.

  • I think the question is about the impact on applications for graduate study, not journal submissions. Commented May 5 at 22:09

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .