I am a faculty member in the Science School. I have recently submitted my materials for a tenure review. During this waiting period, I've become aware of an attractive position opening in the Business School for a role, which I believe aligns well with my skills and interests. The potential salary increase is also quite substantial.
My dilemma arises from the overlapping timelines of the tenure review process and the application for the new position. Both processes, if pursued, would eventually reach the desk of the same decision-makers, including the Provost and the University President, almost simultaneously. I am concerned about the implications this might have on my tenure review.
Is there a risk that my tenure application might be jeopardized if I apply for the other position? How is such a situation perceived in academia, especially when one is applying for a position within the same institution but in a different department?