I'm going to email a potential supervisor for a PhD opportunity in aerospace engineering (astrodynamics curriculum) for introducing myself and getting more information about the PhD. I would like attaching my CV to the email, but I have some doubts about its formatting. After some online research, I'm realizing that I need to do some cleaning and remove some graphics from it. By looking at the attached photos, you can notice that the following graphical elements are present:
- sections icons,
- company/university/school/publications/academic projects logos,
- software/certificates logos.
[EDIT] Some clarifications:
- "The QR code on the top right" can be used to get an updated version of my CV without me having to send it every time (I removed the link before posting the question).
- "The QR code for saving contact info" can be used to save my contact info on the smartphone by few taps.
- "Areas of interest": Should I replace with "research interests"? I want to use some keywords to show my favourite academic topics.
My questions are:
- May I insert theses (B.Sc. but mainly M.Sc.) supervisors or references section (or both)?
- What about graphical elements? May I maintain something or remove it at all?
- Do you have other tips?
[EDIT] P.s. The opportunity is at a Spanish university, but I could also request information about a UK PhD call.