Can I reconsider a grad school offer that I declined?
Due to personal reasons, I was delayed in my applications to STEM graduate programs in the US. Finally, I directly got in touch with a faculty member at a program I was interested in, to check with him if I could turn in a late application. He was very kind and helped me get in touch with the admissions committee in his department. While the process took sometime I was finally offered a position in their program. But given my personal and financial constraints, it became clear to me that it was difficult for me to move the US for graduate school. I did try to get some extra time to get help to make alternative arrangements to let me move to the US graduate school, but it couldn't happen within the extended deadline that was given to me. But, just after 3 weeks from rejecting the offer, I could finally get help and I am in a position accept the offer.
Would it be appropriate to reach to the faculty, and request them if I could reconsider my decision to join their graduate program.