I am trying to implement an algorithm given in a paper. I have some questions which I would like to clear out since implementation requires complete clarity on all the concepts/algorithms/arguments introduced the paper. I have contacted the authors of the paper multiple times(5-6 times) through mail but I do not receive any response and it's been close to a month now.

I would like to know if there is any forum/website in which a reader of a research paper can submit questions that he/she faces while reading it, which is also subscribed by the authors of the paper and authors of papers citing that in their reference section.

P.S.: This question may seem to be duplicate of: Whom to discuss research papers with?

But in my case, I am not from academia and do not have any advisor/mentor sort of person to discuss paper with.

  • 2
    5 -6 mails within a month to a (probably more senior) colleague or professor, who you do not know personally is rude. If you want to get a reply next time, please do not do that again. – Alexandros Mar 11 '15 at 13:26
  • @Alexandros Thanks, I will keep that in mind. – Pranav Mar 11 '15 at 13:37

No, such a forum does not exist (even though it actually sounds like a reasonable idea in theory). The closest I can think of is the Questions & Answers section at ResearchGate, though to be honest I have stopped checking in there because most questions in my fields are simply not very interesting. Depending on your topic, you may also be well served posting in a topically appropriate Stack Exchange site.

| improve this answer | |
  • I explored ReasearchGate Question & Answer section and it seems appropriate for my purpose(found discussions about my topic of interest). – Pranav Apr 15 '14 at 9:18
  • 1
    You might also try the Scientific Computing StackExchange. – Bill Barth Apr 15 '14 at 12:00
  • Agreed, Computational Science, or whichever Stack Exchange site is appropriate for the topic of the paper, should be a good place to get guidance on this. – David Z Apr 15 '14 at 19:03
  • PubPeer serves similar purpose. – Pranav May 2 '14 at 8:49
  • 1
    I believe PubPeer is the most correct/ relevant answer to this question, but can't post due to the question being protected. – Adam Kurkiewicz Sep 12 '17 at 19:46

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.