I am trying to implement an algorithm given in a paper. I have some questions which I would like to clear out since implementation requires complete clarity on all the concepts/algorithms/arguments introduced the paper. I have contacted the authors of the paper multiple times(5-6 times) through mail but I do not receive any response and it's been close to a month now.

I would like to know if there is any forum/website in which a reader of a research paper can submit questions that he/she faces while reading it, which is also subscribed by the authors of the paper and authors of papers citing that in their reference section.

P.S.: This question may seem to be duplicate of: Whom to discuss research papers with?

But in my case, I am not from academia and do not have any advisor/mentor sort of person to discuss paper with.

  • 2
    5 -6 mails within a month to a (probably more senior) colleague or professor, who you do not know personally is rude. If you want to get a reply next time, please do not do that again.
    – Alexandros
    Mar 11, 2015 at 13:26
  • @Alexandros Thanks, I will keep that in mind.
    – Pranav
    Mar 11, 2015 at 13:37

1 Answer 1


No, such a forum does not exist (even though it actually sounds like a reasonable idea in theory). The closest I can think of is the Questions & Answers section at ResearchGate, though to be honest I have stopped checking in there because most questions in my fields are simply not very interesting. Depending on your topic, you may also be well served posting in a topically appropriate Stack Exchange site.

  • I explored ReasearchGate Question & Answer section and it seems appropriate for my purpose(found discussions about my topic of interest).
    – Pranav
    Apr 15, 2014 at 9:18
  • 1
    You might also try the Scientific Computing StackExchange.
    – Bill Barth
    Apr 15, 2014 at 12:00
  • Agreed, Computational Science, or whichever Stack Exchange site is appropriate for the topic of the paper, should be a good place to get guidance on this.
    – David Z
    Apr 15, 2014 at 19:03
  • 2
    PubPeer serves similar purpose.
    – Pranav
    May 2, 2014 at 8:49
  • 2
    I believe PubPeer is the most correct/ relevant answer to this question, but can't post due to the question being protected. Sep 12, 2017 at 19:46

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .