Currently working as a scientific employee in Germany and have an opportunity to work as a visiting researcher in the UK(top university). Is it possible to work at a place that considers the working hour's law?

In Germany, after having a permanent residence holder, is it possible to get work VISA for UK?

  • 1
    Could you clarify what you mean by "Is it possible to work at a place that considers the working hour's law?"? Do you mean is there any sort of a protection/law/gauarantee that you will not be required to work more than a reasonable/contractual amount (8/h day or similar)?
    – penelope
    Commented Dec 1, 2022 at 18:58
  • @penelope in terms of VISA and regulation Commented Dec 2, 2022 at 18:14
  • It might matter how this is organized; rules for freelancing while being employed in Germany are different from those holding a second job. - In any case, talk to your boss: If I would learn that one of my people were working on the side somewhere else without telling me, I would be rather upset.
    – user151413
    Commented Dec 2, 2022 at 19:35
  • 2
    Note that the phrase "visiting researcher" can often mean that you don't get paid by the hosting institute...
    – Lou Knee
    Commented Dec 3, 2022 at 20:56
  • @user151413, are you suggesting going for freelancing instead of a side job? If yes, what are the rules? Commented Dec 5, 2022 at 12:27


You must log in to answer this question.

Browse other questions tagged .