I have received a decision letter with a rejection. The letter contained two reports recommending publication and two reports, with negative comments, which have nothing to do with the manuscript, and possibly belonging to another manuscript and were submitted to me by mistake.
I have contacted the Editor in Chief about it two days ago, explaining the situation and requesting further explanation.
I'm afraid that if I submit to another journal, I may get a response from the editor in chief and miss the chance of the paper getting published.
So, how long should I wait before submitting the paper to another journal?