I am from Finland, which provides funding for postdoc research abroad.

I want to use that funding to do postdoc research in a national lab in the US.

Will national laboratories in the US accept post docs who come with their own funding from the country they are from?

  • 2
    surely you are in a better position to answer than anyone else... Jul 15 at 13:54
  • 3
    Do you or your PhD advisor have any connections to appropriate US national labs? Do you have any idea which lab(s) would be suitable? Does the funding source have any good connections, including previous personnel who have successfully taken advantage of their funding?
    – Jon Custer
    Jul 15 at 14:01
  • My Ph.D. supervisor doesn’t have any connections from USA national labs. The funding agency does only need an invitation letter from the host. Jul 15 at 14:06
  • 3
    I don't understand from this post what the issue is and what you know and do not know. What is the step you need help with?
    – Bryan Krause
    Jul 15 at 15:22
  • 1
    @Anyon - Office of Science labs should not have issues with an externally-paid visitor. NNSA labs are a different question.
    – Jon Custer
    Jul 15 at 17:41


You must log in to answer this question.

Browse other questions tagged .