I am a European non-EU student that went on an Erasmus exchange for one semester in the UK during my third year. Now, two and a half years later, I am applying to grad schools in the US, and the official transcript in my home university lists the courses taken in my exchange.

However, I was wondering if I need an official transcript from the Erasmus university as well. Getting this would be a big problem, since they only give them in person, and I have no way of getting one. Is it enough that the courses I took on my exchange are listed on my home university transcript, or will I have to do the impossible and get one from the Erasmus university too?

  • I just don't want to be disqualified by a technicality.
    – Ermir
    Mar 27, 2014 at 9:40
  • Are the grades of those courses you took in Erasmus university also recorded on the official transcript of your home university?
    – Nobody
    Mar 27, 2014 at 9:41
  • The courses taken in the exchange were in a pass/fail basis, and the results are listed in the official transcript.
    – Ermir
    Mar 27, 2014 at 9:43
  • 1
    Then I believe the official transcript of your home university is good enough. The pass/fail results are already officially recorded.
    – Nobody
    Mar 27, 2014 at 9:45
  • 1
    Are you absolutely certain the UK university won't send the transcript by mail, even after you've told them how difficult it would be for you to collect it in person? That's a ridiculous restriction. Mar 27, 2014 at 14:04

1 Answer 1


This is likely to be specific to a particular graduate school, but I studied in the UK for a year during my US undergraduate education. The courses and grades were listed on my transcript. The graduate school that I applied to (and to which I was accepted) did not require a separate transcript from the UK university.

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .