I am trying to find a way to "systematize" the writing process of a paper by answering questions in each section of the paper. I am thinking of an example with the following sections (which I think are the most commons): Introduction, Methods, Results, Discussion, and Conclusions. Below are some ideas... But what questions do you think should be for the introduction section or the conclusions? Which ones do you think are missing?
The methods section should answer:
- What kind of data are you using to answer the objectives?
- How do you collect the data?
- What is the composition of the data?
- What is the main approach for answering the objectives?
- Why do you choose this approach? What is different from other approaches?
The result section should answer:
- What are the main results for each of the objectives?
- What are the results for the secondary objectives?
The discussion section of a paper should answer:
- Are the hypotheses/objectives confirmed?
- What are the main implications of the findings?