I am currently an undergraduate student in Japan hoping to major in Psychology in the second year. I am thinking about studying Clinical Psychology for a Ph.D. to become a forensic psychologist in the future in Canada or America but I am wondering if I can study and work at the same time. Is this possible even for an international student? Thank you.

  • 1
    What do you mean by 'work" and "apprentice"? Most countries limit what sort of employment is open to those on a student visa, I think.
    – Buffy
    Sep 20, 2021 at 11:46
  • 2
    Except for internships that are part of a program, as an international student you are not allowed to work outside your studies in the U.S. I assume it’s the same in Canada. Sep 20, 2021 at 12:33
  • Beside legal arguments, but just to show a point of view: doing my PhD (chemistry and physics environment) would have been impossible.
    – Alchimista
    Sep 21, 2021 at 9:30
  • I am sorry I probably made a mistake (cuz english is not my first language), I meant whether I can get a job related to the pdh that I take. Is that impossible?
    – Toyogoro
    Oct 13, 2021 at 2:49


You must log in to answer this question.

Browse other questions tagged .